News and Announcements
We are all anxiously awaiting the re-opening of pools across B.C.
There is an official process underway in partnership with BC’s municipalities and cities, public and private facilities, the Lifesaving Society and Swim BC, as well as BCSSA. We support this official process which follows the BC Public Health Officer’s Guidelines and will best ensure the health and safety of our athletes, coaches, volunteers and officials.
There is a process for pool re-openings and this process has been underway for several weeks now.
We were recently made aware that an online petition is being circulated among aquatic groups and facilities requesting that indoor and outdoor public swimming pools be open. This petition may or may not include the BCSSA logo, which may seem like our organization is the source behind it.
Please be advised that BCSSA does NOT endorse nor support this recent petition. We respectfully ask all those associated with BCSSA in any way to please not endorses, forward or share this petition.
We are committed to the health and safety of our athletes, families and all community members and will only proceed with pool opening in a way that is consistent with BC Public Health Guidelines.
We must ensure that there are safe processes in place for:
- Protecting the employees at the facility with appropriate PPE, physical barriers, etc.
- Establishing human resource policies that are compliant with workplace health and safety regulations, and labour codes
- Establishing measures to avoid crowds gathering or long waiting times such as reservation systems
- Determining the ideal occupancy rate in change rooms to allow for physical distancing to maintained
- Establishing proper cleaning and disinfecting routines for common surfaces such as diving boards, water slides, hand railings, PFDs, sinks, toilets, etc.
- Ensuring employees are trained in first aid and lifesaving techniques and procedures in a Covid-19 world
- and more
Please rest assured that all of these are being considered and being planned for.
A safe return to sport is in the works with many areas hoping to have at least some of their outdoor facilities open for limited use before the summer is over.
I encourage you to view the documents shared in our last announcement regarding BC’s Return to Sport plan, if you wish to have more detailed information.
Check out next week’s Covid Cup programs…
Monday – ZUMBA cardio workout
Tuesday – Kids Class – The Importance of multi-sport participation
Wednesday: Core Strength Circuit
Thursday: Coaches Corner – Developing a Coaching Philosophy
REGISTRATION FORM IS FOUND HERE: https://forms.gle/4VB6LnY6RDZzffou8
You can register for all sessions on one online form.
IF YOU REGISTER WITHIN 12 HOURS of a workshop… please contact BCSSA directly at firstname.lastname@example.org in order to ensure you get sent the login information in time. Thank you!
BC Government announces it’s “Go Forward Strategy”… key steps to safely operating your business or organization and reducing Covid-19 Transmission.
This document sets out the core measures for Government and sector partners to think through and plan for business and institutional resumption based on a sector analysis through its multiple ministries and sectoral partnership tables. .. read the full document here: http://bcsummerswimming.com/clubs/6594/documents/528816
Also available is a document released by ViaSport outlining the Frequently Asked Questions about British Columbia’s Return to Sport.
This document includes information about the directive from the provincial government as well as considerations for those of us developing our club-specific plans for this upcoming season and beyond… read the full document here: http://bcsummerswimming.com/clubs/6594/documents/528817
This week’s challenge…
Share your craziest, best talent with BCSSA and you could win the coveted COVID SWIM CAP!
Join us online!
While “Week 2” is in full swing, we are already looking towards "Week 3 " and even “Week 4”!
Here’s what we have planned for Week 3:
Heartrate Monday: Cardio Workout wip(. th Coach David (Coquitlam Sharks)
Teaching Tuesday: Neurodiversity on my Swim Team with Coach Brett (Vancouver Vikings)
Werk It Wednesday: Breaststroke Flexibility Workout with Coach Jaren (Penticton Pikes)
Coaches Corner Thursday: Coaching neurodiverse Athletes
FUN Friday: Keep an eye on YouTube for Challenge Video!
Weekend Podcast: TBA
Tips for registering:
- If you register on the same day of a workshop, please send a quick email to email@example.com so that you can get the login information at the last minute
- If you have NOT received a login for a workshop within 24 hours of the start of it, also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Don’t phone the BCSSA office for help because we are working from a home office and not picking up the office phone calls!
- If you have already completed the waiver, you don’t need to do it again. If you haven’t, please do so! https://forms.gle/BDe4sN1rwdS7CP3o7
Week 3 Registration form online: https://forms.gle/hCdiA68PHWA29Js89
Have you seen this week’s CHALLENGE VIDEO? There’s still time to submit a video to win a prize!